Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ESPN Overreaction? Say it ain't so!

So the great Tony Kornheiser has been suspended for comments critical of fellow ESPN GILF/Cougar/Erin Andrews Wannabe, Hannah Storm, for wearing this atrocity of an outfit.

This is par for the course for ESPN, who are constantly censoring their best talent (see: Simmons) from being even remotely critical of ANY sportscasters or on-air talent, even those from other networks. While I enjoy much of what the network has to offer this do-as-we-say conglomerate approach to managing content is quite boorish. Interestingly Hannah Storm, who I'm guessing is a tad attention starved, should probably thank her lucky stars for this whole shake up.  Her google trends shot to the damn moon in the last 36 hours.   However, I'm pretty sure this is lost on the tight-assed execs in Bristol. 

At the end of the day, it's all just entertainment and public figures should be considered fair game. From anyone. Especially those calling a spade a spade. I mean look at the outfit! She's 47! If she walked into a college bar the place would go silent. In a bad way.

Some other erection-murdering outfits that remind me why the younger, hotter, cooler theory should be in place for all aspects of life, after the jump

3 comments:

  1. Wow I didn't even know about that. That is some bullshit. What did he actually say? BTW I disagree with you about Hannah Storm. I think she is smoking hot for her age. She brightens my mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unreal isn't it? First reported as a 3 days suspension... now it's TWO WEEKS?! He was pretty tough on her, though...

    Still, Sal - 47? FORTY-SEVEN!?! You dirty, dirty man.

    His comments:

    "Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic school plaid skirt ... way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now...She's got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body ... I know she's very good, and I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won't ... but Hannah Storm ... come on now! Stop! What are you doing? ... She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW I have changed my mind about this being BS after thinking about it. Sure I wish he didn't get suspended because I like him on PTI but in any other work environment the same thing would happen.

    ReplyDelete